- Prema Nedungadi
The objective of this lab is to prepare:
- A true solution of common salt, sugar and alum
- A suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in water
- A colloidal of starch in water and egg albumin in water
And distinguish between the above solutions on the basis of:
- Filtration criterion
- Students understand the terms: true solution, suspension, colloid, transparency, filterability, stability, etc.
- Students distinguish true solutions, suspensions and colloids based on experiments testing:
- Students classify the mixtures given to them as true solutions, suspensions and colloids based on the information from the experiment.
- Students acquire skills to perform the experiments for testing the transparency, filtration criterion and stability of true solutions, suspensions and colloids.