- Astronomical Objects And Their Characteristics
- Solar System
- Astronomy Related Sciences And Fields Of Study
- Planetary Geology
- Geography And Earth Science
- Earth Science
- Geomorphologic Phenomenon
- Geomorphological Processes - General Information
- Tectonic Processes
- Volcanoes (Geography)
- Topic From Subjects
- Real World Problem
- Computer Science And Technology
- Data Representation And Analysis
- Science And Technology Drawing
Average Learning Time
Ag Déanamh Íomhánna sa Ghrianchóras, the Irish language version of "Solar System Astronomy: Image Making"
Ag déanamh do chuid íomhánna féin de Mars agus Iúpatar.
Mix art and science as you create your own colour images from raw pictures taken by spacecraft and landers across the solar system using GIMP.
Students will use mathematics as they consider the size and scale of planets in the solar system. They will explore images of planets and moons through the elements of art to better understand geological processes. Students will appreciate the technology of cameras used on spacecraft.
Thank you for the contributions to this activity from Polar Star teacher advisors: Christian Collette, Paula Galvin, Maire Goggin, and M Conceição Manaia. Irish translation by Michéal Ó Súilleabháin.
The activity was created within the POLAR STAR project, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union (2019-1-FI01-KA201-060780).
Find out more: http://polar-star.ea.gr/
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.