Big Ideas Of Science
Average Learning Time
Bacteria and viruses are two different types of pathogens. Bacteria are living organisms that can exist independently and have the ability to self-grow and reproduce. In contrast, viruses are non-living pathogens that require the invasion of other living organisms to grow and reproduce. Bacteria can cause minor illnesses such as sore throat but can also cause serious diseases such as tuberculosis. Viruses, on the other hand, are the main cause of many serious diseases, such as influenza and COVID-19. Therefore, understanding the characteristics and behavior of bacteria and viruses is essential for disease prevention and treatment.
In this ILS, you will learn the following:
1. The differences between bacteria and viruses.
2. Various characteristics of bacteria and viruses.
3. The effects of bacteria and viruses on the human body.
4. Methods for preventing bacterial and viral infections.
5. The principle behind the use of biomedical chips for COVID-19 testing.
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.