Big Ideas Of Science
Average Learning Time
This inclusive environmental ILS was designed implementing the scientific impact approach. Students are introduced to the importance of renewable energy, and how the world is doing in the transition to renewable energy. After getting to know the elements of the engineering behind the construction of wind farms, they will take the role of a mayor and undertake an investigation that studies the feasibility of building a wind farm for their village. Finally, they reflect on the difficulties of transiting 100% to wind powers.
After this activity, students should be able to:
- Explain the importance of renewable energy
- Have an idea of how the world and their country are doing in terms of adopting renewable energy
- Explain the basics of wind power and wind turbines
- List the factors that influence the construction of a wind farm
- Discuss why it is difficult to turn completely to renewable energy
This activity is a standalone activity, although it can be combined with the scientific ILS Renewable Energy - Here comes the Sun, the socioeconomic ILS Renewable Energy Activists, the Open Schooling ILSs Renewable Energy Agents and Renewable Energy: Junior Ambassadors, and the cultural ILS Renewable Energy: overcoming Cultural Barriers.
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.