- Astronomical Objects And Their Characteristics
- Solar System
- Astronomy Related Sciences And Fields Of Study
- Planetary Geology
- Geography And Earth Science
- Earth Science
- Geomorphologic Phenomenon
- Physical Processes
- Tectonic Processes
- Patterns In General
- Physical Patterns
- Volcanoes (Geography)
- Topic From Subjects
- Real World Problem
- Numbers And Computation
- Computer Science And Technology
- Data Representation And Analysis
- Digital System Representation
- Science And Technology Drawing
Average Learning Time
Mix art and science as you create your own colour images from raw pictures taken by spacecraft and landers across the solar system using GIMP.
Students will use mathematics as they consider the size and scale of planets in the solar system. They will explore images of planets and moons through the elements of art to better understand geological processes. Students will appreciate the technology of cameras used on spacecraft.
Thank you for the contributions to this activity from Polar Star teacher advisors: Christian Collette, Paula Galvin, Maire Goggin, and M Conceição Manaia.
The activity was created within the POLAR STAR project, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union (2019-1-FI01-KA201-060780).
Find out more: http://polar-star.ea.gr/
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.