Build rectangles of various sizes and relate multiplication to area. Discover new strategies for multiplying algebraic expressions. Use the game screen to test your multiplication and factoring skills!
Sample Learning Goals
- Develop and justify a method to use the area model to determine the product of a monomial and a binomial or the product of two binomials.
- Factor an expression, including expressions containing a variable.
- Recognize that area represents the product of two numbers and is additive.
- Represent a multiplication problem as the area of a rectangle, proportionally or using generic area.
- Develop and justify a strategy to determine the product of two multi-digit numbers by representing the product as an area or the sum of areas.
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.