This simulation offer various options to show characteristics about dipole radiation (Herzian dipole and half-wave dipole). Multiple representations and combined illustrations are used to give insight into spatial and temporal characteristics of field distributions and the flow of energy.
Special topics are:
- Radiation pattern and structure of the electromagnetic field
- Detachment of field lines and generation of closed loops
- Field lines of E and H in three dimensional pictures and animations
- Near field and far field, phase relationship between E and H
- Flow of energy, illustrations with Poynting vectors
- Half wave dipole in contrast to a Hertzian dipole
- Electric field lines seen as contour lines of a potential function
No one has commented it yet.