The objective of the simulation is to prepare a mixture and a compound using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguish between these on the basis of:
- Appearance, i.e., homogeneity and heterogeneity.
- Behaviour towards a magnet.
- Behaviour towards carbon disulphide as a solvent.
- Effect of heat.
- Effect of heating with dil. HCl.
- Students understand the terms ‘Mixture’ and ‘Compound’.
- Student acquires skill to distinguish a mixture of Fe & S and compound of Fe & S (FeS) by observing different aspects
- Students obtain knowledge about the properties of mixture and compound.
- Students will be able to distinguish a mixture from a compound based on the acquired information.
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.