The objective of this lab is to prepare:
- A true solution of common salt, sugar and alum
- A suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in water
- A colloidal of starch in water and egg albumin in water
And distinguish between the above solutions on the basis of:
- Filtration criterion
- Students understand the terms: true solution, suspension, colloid, transparency, filterability, stability, etc.
- Students distinguish true solutions, suspensions and colloids based on experiments testing:
- Students classify the mixtures given to them as true solutions, suspensions and colloids based on the information from the experiment.
- Students acquire skills to perform the experiments for testing the transparency, filtration criterion and stability of true solutions, suspensions and colloids.
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.