- Simplified Chinese
- Central Khmer
- Macedonian Slavic
- Norwegian Bokmål
- Norwegian Nynorsk
- Traditional Chinese
Learn about conservation of energy with a skater dude! Explore different tracks and view the kinetic energy, potential energy and friction as he moves. Build your own tracks, ramps and jumps for the skater.
Aims of the lab:
- Explain the Conservation of Mechanical Energy concept using kinetic energy (KE) and gravitational potential energy (PE).
- Describe how the Energy Bar and Pie Charts relate to position and speed.
- Explain how changing the Skater Mass affects energy. (Tab 1)
- Explain how changing the Track Friction affects energy. (Tab 2)
- Predict position or estimate speed from Energy Bar and Pie Charts.
- Calculate speed or height at one position from information about a different position.
- Calculate KE and PE at one position from information about a different position.
- Design a skate park using the concepts of mechanical energy and energy conservation.