- Simplified Chinese
- Macedonian Slavic
- Norwegian Bokmål
- Norwegian Nynorsk
- Traditional Chinese
Explore molecule shapes by building molecules in 3D! How does molecule shape change with different numbers of bonds and electron pairs? Find out by adding single, double or triple bonds and lone pairs to the central atom. Then, compare the model to real molecules!
The primary aims of the lab are:
1) Recognize that molecule geometry is due to repulsions between electron groups
2) Recognize the difference between electron and molecular geometry
3) Name molecule and electron geometries for molecules with up to six electron groups surrounding a central atom
4) Compare bond angle predictions from the VSEPR-based model to real molecules
5) Describe how lone pairs affect bond angles in real molecules.
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.