Big Ideas Of Science
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
What do elevation, account balances, and temperature have in common? They can all be represented on a number line. Compare integers on a number line and in an inequality statement. Discover the meaning of absolute value.
Sample learning goals:
- Use positive and negative numbers to represent quantities in multiple contexts.
- Explain the meaning of positive values, negative values, and zero, in multiple contexts.
- Describe the location of a point on a number line with respect to another number.
- Describe the location of a point on a number line with respect to its opposite
- Define the absolute value of a number as its distance from zero.
- Interpret inequality statements as statements about the relative position of two integers on a number line diagram.
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.