Big Ideas Of Science
A single mass attached to a spring, which is connected to a wall. An example of a simple linear oscillator.
- You can change mass, spring stiffness, and friction (damping).
- You can drag the mass with your mouse to change the starting position.
- Energy can be observed (potential, kinetic, total) by clicking the "show energy" checkbox.
- Graph tab shows any two variables including energy.
- Time Graph tab shows any three variables against time.
Explanation of the math is available, along with open source code.