Discover the unit rate while shopping for fruits, vegetables, and candy. Construct a double number line and look for patterns. Challenge yourself on the race track as you compare cars with different rates!
Sample learning goals
- Interpret ratios of mixed units (e.g. $/lb)
- Define the unit rate and determine a method to calculate it
- Predict how changing the numerator or denominator of a rate will affect the unit rate
- Use the double number line to reason about rates and solve real-world problems
- Develop strategies to use the unit rate to solve problems
- Compare unit rates between two simultaneous situations
View and write the comments
No one has commented it yet.